SOFTWARE ENGINEERING RESOURCE CENTER
Find everything you'll need for a great career in software engineering.
By Jennifer Wegerer
Software engineering involves both technical skills and artistry—plus an understanding of how people actually use the software that an engineer develops. A software engineer who can demonstrate a blend of these three essential qualities will find a future filled with exciting opportunities in a wide range of industries, from creating practical business applications to designing video games.
Take the First Steps Toward Your Career
Discover how you can join the dynamic field of software engineering. Use our software engineering career resource center to find in-depth information on becoming a professional software engineer.
Learn the different types of software engineering degrees and certifications:
- Bachelor's degrees in software engineering
- Master's degrees in software engineering
- Software engineering online degrees
- Software engineering certification options
Research software engineering careers:
- Discover the steps on the software engineering career ladder
- Learn about software engineering salaries
- Read about famous software engineers and the applications they developed
Once you've read all about degrees and certification programs, careers in software engineering and just what you can expect to earn as a software engineer, get started finding the right accredited engineering school for you.